IES is looking for loving families to care for children from birth to 18 years old. If you are considering becoming a foster parent, we would love the opportunity to speak to you and discuss the process. For more information on becoming a foster parent, please call 956-280-6362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for foster parents who:
- are at least 21 years (I recommend age 25) of age with a high school diploma or GED and can pass a criminal background and Child Abuse Registry Check and drug test
- have a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- are single or married; if married, for a minimum of two years
- are U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- do not have any unrelated household members (remove this condition)
- are retired or employed with a regular source of income to meet their personal and family needs
- have plenty of space in their home for children
- can provide daily supportive and nurturing care of the children in their home
- are able to commit to and fully participate in the screening/ verification process, ongoing training and required home study
- are open minded and willing to learn to work with children who have experienced trauma and challenging behaviors
- can act as a positive role model and advocate for the children in their care
Characteristics of successful foster families:
- A strong desire to help and support children.
- Flexible with the children and the treatment team.
- Can cope with challenging behaviors.
- Open to children who have experienced trauma.
- Provide a family-like and nurturing experience to all children.